Monday, January 14, 2008

I'm making a break for it!


Hello Everybody!,

I’m taking the next couple weeks off before the next semester starts. I’ll still be in church on Sunday, but otherwise I’m flying the coop for a while. So you all have a good couple weeks and I’ll be back in touch the last week of the month. First I'm going to spend a few days at Holy Cross Monastery and then going on a road trip adventure to South Dakota.

But before I go, I’d like to mention to you a couple of Christian magazines. Yes, magazines. Things are still produced in print that you have to pick up and flip through and that don’t appear on your phone or computer screen (I’m not sure why they still exist, but they do). The bigger surprise, though, is that they are relevant to today’s culture (sometimes)! Here are a couple to check out (that are available at the BUMC library):

http://relevantmagazine.com/ This one focuses on God, life, and progressive culture. It’s worth a look at the site to get a flavor for the mag.

http://www.sportsspectrum.com/ This one is about the integration of sports and faith. Typically we never see these two things mixing…but famous athletes have faith lives too, eh?

I’m getting close to posting info (here, on Facebook, in email, on the calendar, etc.) about mission trips for the summer. So stay tuned on that front.

Finally, here’s a link to a pretty good talk about the current culture of 'suckitude' and our 'fault default'. Never mind the schlocky infomercial intro…the content after that is good stuff.

Have a good one folks.

Peace,

Kevin

1 Comments:

At 1:31 AM, Blogger G said...

Have a safe trip, Kevin!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home