Thursday, November 16, 2006

Young Adult Mission Trip 2007 (eh?)


Hey Y’all,

No, I’m not from the South. BUT, I am a country boy, so I’m allowed to say “y’all”. I’m also allowed to say “crick” instead of “creek” for what you swim in, “dressing” instead of “stuffing” for what you eat with turkey, and I can call the midday meal “dinner” and the evening meal “supper”. So there!

OK, now that I’ve defended my rustic roots (as opposed to Rusted Root, who is pictured) we can talk about the mission trip next summer. We are headed for Toronto...where the band Bare Naked Ladies is from. Did you know that their song 'Jane' is named after two streets in Toronto (Jane and St. Claire)? You can watch the video here.

Back to the topic at hand! This is a bit different than trips over the past two years. For starters, it’s close enough to drive rather than fly. This will help to keep costs down, and I know that cost has been an issue for some in the past. It is also a different kind of ministry than the disaster relief the group has been doing the past two years: we will be working with the homeless (shelters, soup kitchens, street ministry, etc).

The dates of the trip are going to be August 5-11. That’s more or less firm, and is the same week that we went on mission this past summer. I don’t have numbers for you yet in terms of what it’s going to cost to go. But I can tell you this: it will be cheaper than the last couple years. I don’t want cost to be a barrier to people going on this mission trip.

More info will of course be coming out over time, including mandatory pre-trip meetings, etc. The hosting organization is CSM.

Have questions or comments? Ask me or tell me! I went on this mission trip in 2004 and it was good stuff. I’m looking forward to being the hands and feet of Christ with Y’ALL.

Grace and Peace,

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home