Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Pittsburgh Mission Trip: Canceled


Well folks, I have an unfortunate announcement to make: the mission trip to Pittsburgh Aug 3-9 has been canceled. Not enough people signed up. I can't wait until the last minute and then cancel, because that would leave the folks organizing things out in Pittsburgh in a lurch. By letting them know now that we can't make it, the impact on them will be much less. I wish we could have pulled this off, because there are needs to be addressed out there, plus it would have been fun and we would have learned a lot.

So, in the wake of this decision, I have a plan B…and the B stands for Blood. Let's donate blood on August 16th. August 17th will likely be my last day at BUMC, so the 16th would be a nice opportunity to see you before I go. We can take one of the church vehicles down to the donor center in Princeton in the morning, all donate blood, and then get lunch somewhere. There will be details surrounding the event in a later blog post and email and Facebook event. This is something that I will need to have a rough estimate of the number of people who will donate, so let me know if you are interested as you receive the info. This is open to college folk and older young adults alike.

That's all I have to report. Now I'm off to Kentucky for a friend's wedding. I'll be back on Sunday. Have a good rest of your week, and know that I pray for you from time to time. I will be checking email probably daily, and of course my cell is always with me (BUMC has the number if you don't).

Grace and Peace,
Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home