Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Week 2008!


Hey Folks,

Holy holy holy week! Easter is right around the corner. My hope is that you are not taking the most important week of the year for granted, but are instead reflecting on the reality-altering events of Jesus’ life almost 2000 years ago. This week really is what its all about. This is where the rubber meets the road. If you ain’t takin’ this week seriously, then its time to really think hard about whether or not you can identify yourself as a Christian. Holy week is the World Series, Superbowl, and March Madness of Christianity all rolled into one. As the apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:18 18 For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Hey. Wait just a second. Did I say March Madness? I did! Indeed, the Madness has begun! Last night Mt. St. Mary’s beat Coppin State to kick the whole thing off. If you haven’t filled out a bracket yet it’s not too late, since the bulk of the games don’t start until Thursday. And since this is a Methodist blog, I strongly encourage you to fill out your bracket for fun and not for money ;)

Finally, while I do not endorse any particular political candidate on this blog, I am posting a link (this link right HERE) to the speech that Sen. Barack Obama gave yesterday dealing with racism. It’s something I think everyone should watch and be conversant with, even if you don’t like the man. I believe that it will be looked back on as an important cultural event as time goes on.

Be well my friends, and prepare your hearts. Christ dies for you again on Friday.

Blessings,

Kevin

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home